There has been a Danger Pig previously (Miss Piggy), but this is definitely a first. Thanks to Peter Weibel for the photo.
Rocky is the very first Danger Dog from Burma. I did not see many 'Beware of the Dog' signs while in Myanmar, earlier this trip, and signboard artists were few and far between. Sagar managed to complete his portrait of Rocky copying Burmese script.
I came across this rather new Beware of Dog sign while walking in Kathmandu. This is very typical for a native Nepali warning sign. The figure is a version of a common stencil used here for these signboards. The circle behind the head motif is a classic.
Time has run out if you would like to order for this trip. Next trip is tentatively scheduled for the end of October, 2013, returning the first week in December, 2013.
How to commission YOUR pet's portrait on metal:
Now is the time to order: Be ahead of the Pack! I am in
Nepal right now giving photos to the artists. Cut off for this trip's
orders is May 20, 2013. I will be back in plenty of time for Father's
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $18 per sign (to
and from the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.