Sunset on the rooftop of the Green Tara Hotel in Pokhara is always a treat. This beautiful view comes with a great sound track as well...varied birdsong fills the air. You can see more about the Green Tara on a previous blog.
There are still some nice old houses here in Pokhara but many of the corn fields are being replaced by huge 6 and 7 story hotels. More about the architecture of Pokara is here.
How to commission YOUR pet's portrait on metal:
Now is the time to order: Be ahead of the Pack! I am in Nepal right now giving photos to the artists. Deadline for this trip is May 20, 2013.
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: email@example.com
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $18 per sign (to
and from the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!