I was happy to see that Sagar, and his assistant, Paras, are ready to paint some new Danger Dogs and have been painting some on their own.
These hand painted signs on metal fill the shelves of his studio.
I have an order for 2 Great Danes this trip. This one looks a bit like Judah...
Sagar's portrait of this German Shepherd is a little dark, it looks like something a tattoo artist would paint. Another side of Sagar.
Now is the time to order: Be ahead of the Pack! Orders now being accepted for the November 2014 trip. I will be back in early December 2014 in plenty of time to mail holiday orders.
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: email@example.com
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $22 per sign (to and from the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California residents.
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!