I stopped by Megh Raj' studio and found him painting a banner for a Solukumbo group.
I am always glad to see Megh Raj busy.
There are cyclones to the south at the moment and that makes for some spectacular views from my Guest House's rooftop.
It is always something along the Boudha Stupa. Here young girls prepare to sing and dance in their bright and shiny costumes.
Want to immortalize your pet and help sign painters in Nepal?
You can order your own portrait of your own pet, hand painted on metal and help to support the sign painters of Nepal whose work is disappearing.
I will be returning later this year in plenty of time to deliver for holiday orders. I expect to be in Nepal in late October, 2014, returning in early December.
Be ahead of the pack and order today!
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out. Large format photos work best.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $22 per sign (to the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California residents. For overseas orders, I find the least expensive method of shipping.
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!