There are many beautiful animals in Mustang, but the kids that take over the alleyways of the midaeval village of Jhong (sometimes spelled Dzong) are a special treat.
In Jhong, in the Mustang district of Nepal, the goats take over the streets. Even the grandmothers like to watch this daily event.
This was taken in the early morning from our guest house rooftop. That is Dhauligiri in the background. Dhaligiri Mountain is 8,167 meters (26,795 ft). Ranked 7th highest in the world, we were happy to see it for many weeks from many different perspectives while we were on the Annapurna Circuit.
I am now in Kathmandu and accepting orders for the Nepal Art Dogs (and Cats) through November 28, 2014.
Be ahead of the pack and order today!
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out. Large format photos work best.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: [email protected]
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $22 per sign (to the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California residents. For overseas orders, I find the least expensive method of shipping.
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!