The artists are hard at work painting, so we took a quick trip to Pokhara. The mountains have never been prettier than this trip.
A fun evening in Pokhara could include an outdoor movie. The Movie Garden shows good films 6 days a week under the stars. Sitting in an outdoor amphitheater, being served popcorn, pizza, beer and/or hard drinks is a nice way to spend an evening. They provide blankets if it gets a little chilly for you. We watched "7 Years in Tibet" last night. They are located at Lakeside, on the far end.
There are many happy dogs in Pokhara, happy to pose for a photo.
Stay tuned. More adventures in Nepal are sure to follow.
I am in Nepal right now and accepting orders.
Now is the time to order: Be ahead of the Pack! Orders now being accepted for the October 2016 trip. I will be back in early December 2016 in plenty of time to mail holiday orders.
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $18 per sign (to and from the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California residents.
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!