Megh Raj has been busy this trip. He has moved into a new studio and is happily painting portraits of pets.
Birdie the American Staffordshire Terrier by Megh Raj. There is a slight smudge of yellow right above the Nepali script, but otherwise this portrait is finished.
Grizz the handsome and charming Chesapeake Bay Retriever by Megh Raj. The chalk marks used by Megh Raj for lettering is still there, and he needs a little work, but he is almost finished.
Nilly on the staircase by Megh Raj Thapa. This pretty pup was rescued from the streets of Puerto Rico.
Tater Tot and Minnie are Shih Tzu mixes and here they are with their friend, Maggie, in their portrait by Megh Raj. This one is not yet finished, but well on it's way.
Melly and Rudy the Australian Shepherds hand painted on metal by Megh Raj. This pair does not look dangerous to me!
Stay tuned. More to come soon!
Now is the time to order: Be ahead of the Pack! Orders have closed for this trip. Next trip is scheduled for October 15, 2017, and I will be back in plenty of time to mail your holiday orders.
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $20 per sign (to and from the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California residents.
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!