Some new finals are in from the always fantastic Dilip of Niroj Arts here in Kathmandu!
You are in for a treat.
Birdie is a beauty in her hand painted 'Beware of Dog' sign by Dilip.
Melly and Rudy make a fine pair in their portrait by Dilip. These Australian Shepherds look like the best of friends.
Grizz is a rough-coated Chesapeake Bay Retriever and he looks charming indeed is his portrait by Dilip.
Rupert is hand painted on metal by Dilip. He was not supposed to put any writing on this portrait, but a little bit of Nepali was added.
Tater Tot, Minnie and Maggie fill the canvas in their hand painted portrait by Dilip.
Last but never least is the lovely Phoenix by Dilip, This one was requested without lettering. This Tabby Cat is simply stunning in person.
Now is the time to order: Be ahead of the Pack! Orders have closed for this trip. Next trip is scheduled for October 15, 2017, and I will be back in plenty of time to mail your holiday orders.
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: email@example.com
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $20 per sign (to and from the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California residents.
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!