It is always fun to see a Danger Dog go from line drawing to a completed portrait.
Matilda is well on her way.
Some coloring and detail is added by Sagar.
Getting closer to finishing...
At this stage we are just waiting for the lettering to be added.
Sagar instructed Paras as to where to place the lettering.
Sagar and Paras changed the placement of the lettering when they finished the lettering.
The Nepali script reads 'Katernak Kukur' literally Danger Dog.
Matilda's final three by Sanjib Rana, Sagar Bitsa and Megh Raj Thapa (clockwise from top left).
Which would you choose? I don't yet know which Matilda's caretaker will choose, but I know it is a hard choice.
You can see more of this series called Anatomy of a Danger Dog by clicking on the link.
Orders are now closed for a 2014 Danger Dog order. However, I have over 72 different breeds on my website, NepalDog.com, so see if I have a portrait that looks like your pet!
I am officially taking orders for the 2015 trip.
Be ahead of the pack and order today!
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out. Large format photos work best.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $22 per sign (to the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California residents. For overseas orders, I find the least expensive method of shipping.
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!